My dear friend Kim inspired me to attempt pigtails in Jackie's hair this morning. She posted a darling picture of baby Dillan with pigtails in her hair. We thought we'd give it a try and I thought they turned out pretty cute on Jackie.

Other evidence of this girl growing up is her ability to brush her own teeth. More accurately, she's sucking the water from the brush. Mom still has to grab the brush and get after those teethies for her while making "aaaaahhh" and "eeeeeehh" sounds. She does pretty great with it as long as she can have the brush back for a little sucking.

Notice the crazy outfit. I know what you are thinking, "Kathleen must have let Jackie pick this out." The answer is no. I picked it out. It's insane and where did I get the idea that stripes and polka dots go together. Not sure, but I'm into an "anything goes" phase. I just think there is something so cute about little girls in wild mismatched stuff. Surely I'll grow out of this before she turns 5 or so to save her from true embarrassment with her peers in kindergarten. By then, she really will be picking out the mismatched outfits for herself and I'll know that I am the cause for her fashion nonsensical behavior.
I digress - Back to pigtails. Now, we were so proud of them and drove all the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house to show them off. We get in the house, look at the back of her head and there wasn't even a trace of this girly cuteness. Just Jackie's cute head looking a little disheveled from a night's sleep. Oh well, they were joyous while they lasted.
2 comments:
Cute! LOVE those piggies! And I just can't believe how grown up she's looking!
She is so sweet! her outfit is perfect. my 5 year old has that tee, and i would totally put it with a skirt like that. in fact, when i saw her, i though, "oh cool! she dresses her daughter like i dress my ladies." i like to call it, 'orphan chic.' i much prefer this look over the matchy-matchy outfits. :)
Post a Comment