Monday, September 14, 2009

Football Season Is Here

(Beef and Stout Pie)

So, my husband has been waiting and waiting for football season. He could hardly wait one more Saturday, Sunday and sometimes Thursday (when is there no game?). He loves the excuse to do nothing. He loves the excuse to drink beer and the comraderie with the guys. But, I do think most of all, he loves the excuse to cook ALL DAY LONG.


He loves to find some recipe that takes 4-5 hours to make, do all the prep work and let it simmer, simmer and simmer. Lots of checking in on the masterpiece, lots of surprising smells throughout the day and lots of questions by all of the anticipating eaters. "What is it?" "Smells Good." "When will it be ready?"


I just sit back and know the end result. I reap the benefits of his patience and talent. I eat, enjoy, and boast that I do this every day.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mmm food cooked by Colin delicious!
I could totally do an in person tutorial though Andrew says I just confuse him more than help.

Bee's Blessings said...

love it. love hte comradere also. love the food too!

Ryan V. said...

That is Colin in a nutshell.