Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy Road Trip Weekend - College Bound!

Mommy Manning was visiting the college town circuit this past weekend. Attending OSU homecoming Saturday and the U2 / Blackeyed Peas Concert on Sunday. It was too much time away from Colin and Jackie, but so much fun and nice to be with friends. As you can see, I left my sunglasses at home. :-)

At the game - Katie to the right and Tarah to the left. Tarah is really pregnant and so cute! The Boone Pickens stadium is incredible. I was blown away as it had been 2 years since I'd been to a game.

We were sure to visit the Gamma Phi house prior to the game. Some things have changed and others are just as we left them in 2002. Such fun memories being huddled into rooms with 3-4 roomates or more and sharing the previous nights stories. I'm so lucky to have made such wonderful friends in college. This bench is very special. Libby is my dear friend Katie's mom and she passed away a few years ago. Libby was a Gamma Phi alumni and her pledge class donated this bench in her honor. She was a great lady and I'm touched by the fact that she had such loyal friends.

Norman Bound! Thomas, Jenny and I made the treck to Norman Sunday. We managed to find our way around. Not too bad for a few Pokes.



I am a huge U2 fan and was in heaven the entire concert. I just couldn't believe I was hearing them live. I am officially in love with Bono. Love you Col!! :-)


Aside from the incredible music was the fantastic set and stage! It looked like a huge bug with 4 legs, and then once the concert started, it looked like a space ship. Such and amazing portable thing.

And because we know who the real star is, I'll leave you with a Jackie pic.

1 comment:

Houpley said...

bono's got nothing on that little girl. she's a rock star!