A few moments I want to record in the blog because I don't want them to escape our minds as the busy days go by.
Jackie and I spent every waking hour over the weekend together because Colin was out of town on a student trip to St. Louis. She and I spent one night with Grandma and Grandpa, just for fun. She loves her grandparents and delights in getting to see them so often. It's a wonderful thing to see my parents and Jackie's bond. She pretends to dislike my Dad (shunning his invites to his lap), which he gets a kick out of, but she can't help but laugh at him when he teases her and when she's sleepy, she likes to lay her head on his shoulder. She snuggles in with my mom any chance she can get, almost in a territorial kind of way when other cousins are around. I'll admit, she needs a sibling. We woke up Sunday morning and went to spend some time on my parents front porch while eating breakfast. It's the best porch on earth. She saw her "green car" (the Jeep) and started whining, "I want to go home! Home Mommy, I want to go home!" As heart breaking as it was, it was nice to hear her long for normalcy with Mom, Dad and Jackie in our humble home together as a family.
Monday, Jackie spent the day at school and I walked in about 15 minutes past my normal pick-up time. I could hear a child calling for Mommy down the hall. I looked and Jackie was with her teacher and 3 other classmates when she spotted me. She ran as fast as her little feet could take her yelling, "There she is! There she is!" Then jumped in my arms ready to go home. It was the best feeling. I love her so much!
We've only approximately 7 weeks to shower Jackie Jacks with "only child" attention. We know it's silly to worry about, but there are moments when you wonder if you can ever love another child like you have the first. I worry that I won't be able to give the 2nd the same attention and care that Jackie's recieved her first 2 years of life. I know it's a silly thought, but it's a thought. Just feeling blessed to have the little family we do and enjoying it every day.
Living Room Ceremonies
8 years ago
4 comments:
Yesterday I was just thinking that if/when we have another kid Elliot is going to be shocked.
Jackie on Sunday told me Elliot had sleepy eyes when I was in the cry room with her and your mom! So cute!
You're normal and okay to feel that way. Jackie will always be loved with your whole heart and #2 will be loved with your whole heart, too. It amazing how it works...I don't know how it does, but it does. I can't wait 'til #2 gets here!!!!
Oh-and I just laugh when I hear you call her Jackie Jacks because you won't believe this, but ever since Katie was little bitty we've called her Katie Kate. Kind of similar...
wow i can't believe how well she talks!! that is amazing! I have similar concerns with our new addition. but you did so well with jacks that i can't imagine the same not being true with the new babes!
The second #2 pops out that will all go away............ :)
Post a Comment